Economic & Community Development
The Office of Economic and Community Development (OECD) is dedicated to creating a more vibrant community by:
- Overseeing the business and community climate of the City of Middletown, in cooperation with the Common Council and various City boards and departments.
- Administering Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds.
- Foster economic development, redevelopment, growth, expansion, retention, and attraction of new and existing businesses in an effort to improve employment opportunities and foster economic growth.
- Promote neighborhood stabilization through homeownership as well as owner-occupied and rental housing rehabilitation assistance.
- Facilitating communication between commercial interests and the municipal government.
- Develop and promote Civic and Cultural Affairs as a tourist draw and as a quality of life benefit for residents of the City.
- Provide financing assistance and other incentives for small businesses utilizing Industrial Development and Community Development Agency mechanisms as well as CDBG funds.
Publications, Documents & Action Plan by the Year
Façade Improvement Program Round 2 Applications Now Available
The City of Middletown is now accepting applications for Round 2 of the Downtown Revitalization Initiative (DRI) Façade Improvement Program. This new round of funding will focus on smaller scale improvements rather than full façade renovation. Click the link below to download the guidelines and application.
Applications are due in full to the Office of Economic & Community Development by October 19, 2023 by 4:00.
Call 845-346-4170 for program questions!
- 2010-2014 Con Plan Draft (PDF)
- 2011-12 Amendment Action Plan (PDF)
- 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan - final HUD approved (PDF)
- 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan - HUD approved - pt 2 (PDF)
- 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan for public hearing (PDF)
- 2019 CAPER public comment draft (PDF)
- 2022 Action Plan Final Draft (PDF)
- con plan 2nd public hearing legal ad (PDF)
- con plan comment period legal ad (PDF)
- DRAFT 2015-2019 consolidated plan opt (PDF)
- Draft 2022 CAPER (PDF)