To qualify for the program, an establishment must:
• Be full-service restaurants (NAICS code 722511), or establishments engaged in providing food services and meals prepared on-premises to patrons who traditionally order and are served while seated (i.e., waiter/waitress service), including on-premises food and drinking establishments licensed through the State Liquor Authority (SLA). Establishments providing take out or grab and go food services due to COVID-19 restrictions are also eligible;
• Franchises are not eligible;
• Have no more than $3 million in 2019 revenue;
• Be located in New York State;
• Have been in operation on or before March 1, 2019;
• Certify and demonstrate that they have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19
• Agree to comply with all applicable New York State and local reopening guidance and COVID-19 health and safety policies, including the New York Forward reopening guidance and Cluster Action Initiative guidance, as well as SLA and DOH regulations.
How to Apply:
• Restaurants can apply to the Rising the NYS Bar Restaurant Recovery Fund starting Monday, January 11, 2021.
• The online application can be found at: nysrestaurantrecovery.fluxx.io as well as at the Diageo, Southern Glazer and NDC webpages.
• The online grant portal may close temporarily should the number of applications exceed funding availability. If grant funding remains available due to the exclusion of ineligible applications, the online grant portal will be reopened following an announcement by the Empire State Development.
• To apply, applicants will need the following required documents:
o Current Government-issued photo ID for every owner of 20% or more
o 2019 Federal Business Tax Returns
o 2020 Year-to-Date Income Statement
o Copy of SLA License
o List and proof of eligible reimbursable COVID-19 response related expenses incurred since 9/1/2020 (If a capital expense please include receipts for equipment, labor and/or construction)
• Any program announcements and/or updates will be posted to the ESD website.
For more information visit https://esd.ny.gov/raising-nys-bar-restaurant-recovery-fund